Saturday, October 08, 2005

Well, That's a Fine How Do You Do

Had my first encounter with a urologist yesterday. After I filled out all the insurance and medical history paper work I sat for a while until they called me in.

After a bit the Dr. walks in and seems like a nice enough guy. Looks at the test results and says that the numbers aren't great, but he doesn't see any reason why my wife an I can't have kids. Runs down some possible reasons (infection or varicocele, and some others) as to why my test results were poor.

Then its time for the physical evaluation. Standing there with my pants around my ankles, I wonder what makes one want to specialize in genitals? It was a very thorough and uncomfortable examination of my scrotum and testicles which made me jump at least twice.

The best(!?) part was what followed that. I have never had my prostate checked before. Didn't know what it entailed, at all. Well! let me tell you something. It was quite a surprise, and not a pleasant one at all. Maybe if I knew exactly what it was and had been mentally prepared it wouldn't have been so bad. At least next time I'll know.

After I get my self together the Dr. says that he doesn't see any problems here. Wants me to get another semen analysis to establish a baseline and make sure that there really was a problem. It makes sense to me when he says that I could of just had a bad sample. That bad part about that is that I need to wait a few months to get a good reading. I guess it takes 70 - 90 days for a new batch to form.

So I guess I'll be back in a couple months...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home