Friday, January 27, 2006

Ducks, and putting them in rows.

At this point the only thing to do was to figure out where we go next. We needed to get a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist or at the very least to some one else that would and could help us out.

The urologist said that my wife would need to get the referral. OK... My wife's doctor has done a bunch of tests on her and all her 'stuff' seems normal. I am the one that is failing here and because of that, her doctor can't or wont send us to another doctor. ? Isn't she the one that will have the most work done? I mean as I see it the further down this road we go the less necessary I become. To the process anyway.

Since going through her doctor seemed to be a dead end I called my doctor's office. According to 'my' referral ladies my wife and I were given partially incorrect information. It seems, if I understood her right, that with our coverage whenever a couple is referred for infertility they are referred as a couple and either person's doctor could do the referral for the couple. makes sense. I guess the urologist just assumed that since my wife would be doing the hard part that she would be the one to get the referral and her office didn't know they could or didn't want to send her.

Anyway. I spoke with the referral lady for what seemed like a really long time, but I am sure it was only a few minutes. She said that she could handle the referral and all we had to do was make an appointment and get her all the paperwork on what had been done. So we had to make sure that I had the urologist office send her everything that that had been done, the analysis and the ultrasound. Then we needed to pick one of two places. One called the Center for Human Reproduction and the other called Fertility Centers of Illinois.

I have already called the urologist office and left a voicemail asking that they send everything to my doctor's office. Now I guess we just need to decide where we are going to go and hope that we don't have any insurance problems. Seems like it should be fine, but still, with all the insurance nightmares you hear about I'm just a little nervous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home