Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Mr. Godot told me to tell you he won't come this evening but surely tomorrow

I was fearful of the absurd, but I pretty much expected it.
Got a voicemail last night that the insurance wont approve the referral unless it comes from my wife's doctor. I wonder why my referral lady said that it could come from either of us since we are a couple. blah blah blah. I wonder how they will handle that in my wife's doctor's office since they said they couldn't submit the referral because the 'problems' were with me.

Anyway. I returned the call this morning and left a message asking my referral ladies to send everything to my wife's gynecologist. In addition to that, my wife said that she would call and her doctor's office and see if she could get everything taken care of. And then the absurdity continued. The referral lady called me back because the office for my wife said that they had no clue who I was and that they had no record of anyone with my name. To say I was disappointed with my referral lady would be an understatement because we discussed, at length, the fact that my wife kept her maiden name.

I guess its in the hands of my wife's doctor now. Surely Godot will be here tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger N said...

ahhhhh...I thought that this could only happen in super-bureaucratic Sweden. This happened to us (we are not married and have diff. names as well, lost of mix-ups.). Check on your referral "ladies" if possible on a daily basis. After 2 month where nothing happened and we were reassured by our referral ladies that indee things were happening, we found out that the referral had mysteriously gotten lost in the mail. I got extremely mad and angry with them, and threatened with further actions, when they finally send the referral to the right place. Maybe you need to pressure them a bit with???

Good luck!

3:53 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Vacant Uterus said...

Yes, the classic Insurance Mess of Awfulness. I, too, am stuck in that limbo-land. You have my heartfelt sympathy.

Cookies, anyone?

7:42 PM, February 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home