Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Stuck In The Interim (aka Venting)

So we have gone through all the preliminary testing and everything checks out good so far with my wife, but not with me. That was enough to get us a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist. We were given the referral almost a month ago and shortly thereafter my wife made an appointment. So now we wait.

It is kind of frustrating that there is nothing else to really say or do for now. I guess I am being a little whiny. Its not like we have been told that we have no recourse or that the insurance wont cover it or anything like that. We are incredibly fortunate in that regard. It is easy to find countless stories of people (probably much better suited to being parents than I - oh? I never mentioned that I have doubts about that? Maybe thats best left for another time...) that don't have the insurance coverage or have no hope of ever being a parent.

All things considered, we are in good shape. I think I need to remind myself that even though it feels like I am on a sailing ship stuck in the doldrums, we have plenty of provisions and the trade winds are about a week out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just another Jenny said...

waiting does suck and it's o.k. to bitch about it.
We are full self-pay but I am just happy we figured out a way to pay for it (second mortgage). It's funny, after a while you stop counting your shortfalls and start counting your blessings. That has to be a step in the right direction.

10:36 AM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger N said...

Nothing wrong with whining...I did that too when we were waiting and waiting and waiting. Go ahead and vent, that's one of the reasons you have this blog I assume and don't be sorry for it...

Your appointment will come up soon I am sure (although it feels like time is not passing at all). For that I wish you good luck and I hope that your choice of clinic will proof to have been the right one!

Take care!

N

5:35 AM, March 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home