Friday, March 17, 2006

Twins

A couple that my wife and I are pretty close to had twins today. A boy and a girl, a few weeks early but other than that everyone seems healthy.

They had more than there share of problems getting to this point themselves and I am happy for them. That doesn't mean that I don't have any envy or feelings of guilt or inadequacy. Quite the contrary. I guess thats where the guilt comes from. There has to be some hope in there too. It took them at least five years to get here. Doesn't always feel like it but I am really happy for them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a completely normal feeling. Both my husband and I feel happy for our pregnant friends, but talking about babies and attending baby showers feels like torture right now.

7:36 AM, August 17, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home