Friday, June 02, 2006

Over 130 BPM

Thats good news. The ultrasound showed that everything is as it should be. All very normal for six and a half weeks. Very similar to this one. A yolk sac with a "fetal pole" and I am told a heart beat. In the center of the indistinguishable blob destined to be my progeny my said she could see the constant motion of the heart beat. The heart was going at over 130 beats per minute which I am told is good and strong.

I wasn't able to accompany my wife for the ultrasound cause I couldn't get out of work, but from her description it sure seems like it was really amazing. The whole idea of it all and that it seems to really be happening is a little beyond comprehension. Especially from my perspective as the guy. I don't have any physical changes taking place, I don't have any hormone surges, I have no symptoms. My wife isn't even really having any symptoms yet. It will be a while yet before she is noticeably pregnant and although she has had some nausea she has yet to experience any real morning sickness (although we have both been told that its still a little early for that too). I really should just enjoy it. I am sure I will be dealing with diapers and that joy soon enough :)

It seems like we are off to a good real solid start. As I have more thoughts, observations and news to share I will post it here. Once everyone has arrived safely I will probably take up Just another Jenny's suggestion and rename this to Life Afterwards or something like that.

9 Comments:

Blogger N said...

Wow! Good news. Congratulations!

8:13 AM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger A dad someday said...

Hey. I haven't read any of the blogs for a long time because I've been busy moving, etc.

But I just checked yours out and read about your BFP. Congrats, man. That is great. I am really happy for you!

2:13 PM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger DI_Dad said...

Very very cool news.

8:15 PM, June 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been a while since the last post....I hope all is well.

9:07 AM, July 04, 2006  
Blogger Akeel said...

I just want to share a success story: my friend Andrew and his wife could not get pregnant because of low sperm count, so he started to do his own research to find ways to increase sperm count and sperm motility.. he stumbled upon some university studies in Europe about a combination of supplement ingredients [herbal & mineral] that increased sperm count.. he decided to test them on himself by creating his own supplement product here in the states and after more research and testing, he basically created a winning formula that increased his sperm count by 300% in 1 month!

The doctors could not believe it.. now he has a beautiful baby girl and he is making the product available to everyone online via ProCreatePlus.com

12:04 AM, November 05, 2009  
Anonymous male infertility said...

Great news sharing with us. congrats dude...

11:42 PM, June 23, 2011  
Blogger IVF - CANCUN said...

Thanks for sharing a idea....Great post and informative
infertility help

9:41 AM, December 30, 2011  
Blogger Anu Verma said...

male fertility is very sensitive issue in india.Now, you can enhance your fertility by specifically designed, doctor approved and scientifically validated male fertility supplements.

6:11 AM, March 08, 2013  
Anonymous vikramsingh said...

it was really a nice blog.

11:47 PM, December 15, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home